Areas Affected: Jackson; Madison; Marshall
...The National Weather Service in Huntsville AL has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Alabama...
Paint Rock River NEAR Woodville affecting Jackson...Madison and
The National Weather Service in Huntsville AL has issued a Flood
* from early this morning into the late afternoon.
* At 2 AM Monday the stage was 15.0 feet and rising.
* Flood Stage is 15.0 feet.
* Recent activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at 2 AM Monday was 15.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue to rise to near 16.0 feet in the early afternoon.
* Impact...At 16.0 feet...Flood waters affect mostly bottomland along the river...including low lying farm and pasturelands.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 16.0 feet on May 7 2009. && RIVER FLOOD OBSERVED 12PM 6PM 12AM 6AM CREST LOCATION STAGE STG DAY TIME Mon Mon Tue Tue STG DAY TIME PAINT ROCK RIVER Woodville 15.0 15.0 Mon 2 AM 15.8 15.0 13.7 12.8 16.0 Mon 2 PM &&
Safety message...A flood warning means that flooding along the river is imminent or occurring. Move to higher ground to escape flood waters. Residents living along creeks and streams should take immediate precautions to protect life and property. Additional information is available at http://water.weather.gov. Once there, click on the Tennessee Valley to view local river information.