Areas Affected: Jackson; Madison; Marshall
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Alabama..
Paint Rock River near Woodville affecting Jackson...Madison and
The Flood Warning continues for
the Paint Rock River near Woodville.
* until late Wednesday night.
* At 7 PM Monday the stage was 16.3 feet and rising.
* Flood Stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor Flooding is occurring and Minor Flooding is forecast.
* Recent activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at 7 PM Monday was 16.3 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 16.5 feet by tomorrow morning. The river will fall below Flood Stage early Wednesday evening.
* Impact...At 16.0 feet...Flood waters affect mostly bottomland along the river...including low lying farm and pasturelands.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 16.9 feet on Apr 25 2018. && RIVER FLOOD OBSERVED 12AM 6AM 12PM 6PM CREST LOCATION STAGE STG DAY TIME Tue Tue Tue Tue STG DAY TIME PAINT ROCK RIVER Woodville 15.0 16.3 Mon 7 PM 16.4 16.5 16.5 16.5 16.5 Tue 6 AM &&
Safety message...Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize flood dangers. If while driving you see water over a road, turn around, don`t drown! The water depth may be too great to allow your vehicle to cross. Additional information is available at http://water.weather.gov. Once there, click on the Tennessee Valley to view local river information.