Areas Affected: Colbert; Lauderdale
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Alabama
based on forecasts from the Tennessee Valley Authority...
Tennessee River AT Florence affecting Colbert and Lauderdale
...Flood Warning Extended until late Monday night...
The Flood Warning continues for
The Tennessee River AT Florence.
* Until late Monday night.
* At 7 PM Sunday the stage was 18.6 feet.
* Flood Stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor Flooding is occurring and Minor Flooding is forecast by the Tennessee Valley Authority.
* Forecast from the Tennessee Valley Authority...Continue slowly falling, to below flood stage late Monday night.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at 7 PM Sunday was 18.9 feet.
* Impact...At 18.0 feet...Flooding of McFarland Park begins.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 18.4 feet on Jan 28 2019. && RIVER FLOOD OBSERVED 12AM 6AM 12PM 6PM CREST LOCATION STAGE STG DAY TIME Mon Mon Mon Mon STG DAY TIME TENNESSEE RIVER Florence 18.0 18.6 Sun 7 PM 18.6 18.6 18.6 17.4 CRESTED &&
Safety message... Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize flood dangers. If while driving you see water over a road, turn around, don`t drown! The water depth may be too great to allow your vehicle to cross. Interests along the Tennessee River should remain alert to rapidly changing river conditions, and stay tuned for later forecast updates from the Tennessee Valley Authority and the National Weather Service forecast office in Huntsville. Additional information is available at http://water.weather.gov. Once there, click on the Tennessee Valley to view local river information.