Areas Affected: Colbert; Lauderdale
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Alabama
based on forecasts from the Tennessee Valley Authority...
Tennessee River AT Florence affecting Colbert and Lauderdale
...Flood Warning Extended until late tonight...The Flood Warning
The Tennessee River AT Florence.
* Until late tonight.
* At 6 AM Monday the stage was 18.4 feet.
* Flood Stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor Flooding is occurring and Minor Flooding is forecast by the Tennessee Valley Authority.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at 6 AM Monday was 18.7 feet.
* Impact...At 18.0 feet...Flooding of McFarland Park begins.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 18.4 feet on Jan 28 2019. && RIVER FLOOD OBSERVED 12PM 6PM 12AM 6AM CREST LOCATION STAGE STG DAY TIME Mon Mon Tue Tue STG DAY TIME TENNESSEE RIVER Florence 18.0 18.4 Mon 6 AM 18.5 17.3 16.6 16.5 CRESTED &&
Safety message... Do not attempt to drive through a flooded road. The depth of water is not always obvious. As little as two feet of water will carry most cars away. Also, the road bed may be washed out under the water, and you could be stranded or trapped. Interests along the Tennessee River should remain alert to rapidly changing river conditions, and stay tuned for later forecast updates from the Tennessee Valley Authority and the National Weather Service forecast office in Huntsville. Additional information is available at http://water.weather.gov. Once there, click on the Tennessee Valley to view local river information.