Areas Affected: Colbert; Lauderdale
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Alabama
based on forecasts from the Tennessee Valley Authority...
Tennessee River AT Florence affecting Colbert and Lauderdale
...Flood Warning Extended until late Monday night...The Flood Warning
The Tennessee River AT Florence.
* From late Monday morning until late Monday night.
* At 9 PM Saturday the stage was 18.6 feet.
* Flood Stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor Flooding is occurring and Minor Flooding is forecast by the Tennessee Valley Authority.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at 9 PM Saturday was 21.9 feet.
* Impact...At 18.0 feet...Flooding of McFarland Park begins.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 19.2 feet on Jan 28 2010. && RIVER FLOOD OBSERVED 12AM 6AM 12PM 6PM CREST LOCATION STAGE STG DAY TIME Sun Sun Sun Sun STG DAY TIME TENNESSEE RIVER Florence 18.0 18.6 Sat 9 PM 18.9 18.9 18.8 18.7 N/A &&
Safety message... Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize flood dangers. If while driving you see water over a road, turn around, don`t drown! The water depth may be too great to allow your vehicle to cross. Interests along the Tennessee River should remain alert to rapidly changing river conditions, and stay tuned for later forecast updates from the Tennessee Valley Authority and the National Weather Service forecast office in Huntsville. Additional information is available at http://water.weather.gov. Once there, click on the Tennessee Valley to view local river information.
Areas Affected: Cullman; DeKalb; Jackson; Madison; Marshall; Morgan
TORNADO WATCH 75 REMAINS VALID UNTIL 5 AM CDT EARLY THIS MORNING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS IN ALABAMA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 6 COUNTIES IN NORTH CENTRAL ALABAMA CULLMAN MADISON MORGAN IN NORTHEAST ALABAMA DEKALB JACKSON MARSHALL IN TENNESSEE THIS WATCH INCLUDES 1 COUNTY IN SOUTHERN MIDDLE TENNESSEE FRANKLIN TN THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF ALBERTVILLE, ARAB, BOAZ, COWAN, CULLMAN, DECATUR, DECHERD, ESTILL SPRINGS, FORT PAYNE, GUNTERSVILLE, HUNTSVILLE, RAINSVILLE, SCOTTSBORO, SEWANEE, AND WINCHESTER.
Areas Affected: Giles; Marshall; Maury
The National Weather Service in Nashville has issued a
* Flood Advisory for... Marshall County in Middle Tennessee... Southeastern Maury County in Middle Tennessee... Giles County in Middle Tennessee...
* Until 445 AM CDT.
* At 151 AM CDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms. This will cause minor flooding in the advisory area.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include... Lewisburg, Pulaski, Chapel Hill, Ardmore, Cornersville, Elkton, Minor Hill, Lynnville, Culleoka, I-65 East Of Columbia, Belfast, Goodspring, Frankewing, Prospect and Farmington. This includes Interstate 65 between mile markers 1 and 46.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles. Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the dangers of flooding.