Areas Affected: Jackson; Madison; Marshall
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Alabama..
Paint Rock River NEAR Woodville affecting Jackson...Madison and
The Flood Warning continues for
the Paint Rock River NEAR Woodville.
* until Wednesday morning.
* At 4 AM Monday the stage was 18.0 feet and rising.
* Flood Stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor Flooding is occurring and Minor Flooding is forecast.
* Recent activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at 4 AM Monday was 18.1 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 18.5 feet by this morning. The river will fall below Flood Stage early Wednesday morning.
* Impact...At 19.0 feet...Water is covering Alabama State Route 65 about two miles north of U.S. Highway 72. Several County Roads in Paint Rock Valley are flooded...including Jackson County Road 20.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 18.7 feet on Dec 29 2018. && RIVER FLOOD OBSERVED 12PM 6PM 12AM 6AM CREST LOCATION STAGE STG DAY TIME Mon Mon Tue Tue STG DAY TIME PAINT ROCK RIVER Woodville 15.0 18.0 Mon 4 AM 18.3 17.7 16.9 16.2 18.5 Mon 6 AM &&
Safety message...Do not attempt to drive through a flooded road. The depth of water is not always obvious. As little as two feet of water will carry most cars away. Also, the road bed may be washed out under the water, and you could be stranded or trapped. Additional information is available at http://water.weather.gov. Once there, click on the Tennessee Valley to view local river information.