Huntsville Police are investigating a woman's death in a north Huntsville home.
Madison County deputy coroner Tyler Berryhill identified the woman found in the home as Mary Washington, 44.
The circumstances of Washington's death were not immediately known, Berryhill said, and an autopsy would be performed to determine how she died. Berryhill said Washington lived in the home where she was found.
Police said they were called to a home in the 2100 block of Sullivan Road around 6:15 p.m. on Thursday evening. As of midday Friday, police were still on the scene. Crime scene tape stretched across the yard and across the street, blocking through access to traffic.
Investigators have not released much information about the investigation. WAAY 31 is working to gather details and will update this story as we learn more.
- Woman found dead in north Huntsville home identified
- Huntsville police identify man found dead at Big Spring Park
- Body found in north Huntsville
- Tennessee boyfriend charged after woman, mother found dead in home
- Two people found dead in Huntsville
- Body found inside south Huntsville home
- Car crashes into north Huntsville home
- Body found in Pinhook Creek identified as Huntsville man
- Huntsville police identify homicide victim
- Woman crashed truck into Huntsville home