Huntsville Utilities tells WAAY 31 it's working on maintaining equipment. That's causing a planned power outage.
The outage is affecting Northeast Huntsville.
The area left in the dark stretches from Oakwood Avenue south to Governors Drive and from I-565 east to Bankhead Parkway.
Hunstville Utilities crews are working on equipment maintenance and replacement. The utility is advising customers that service will be restored as quickly as possible.
- Crews working to restore power in NE Huntsville
- UPDATE: Power restored in north Huntsville
- Huntsville Public Works crews prepare for potential ice accumulations
- Crews work to remove tree from south Huntsville apartment building
- Official: 2 more months to restore power in Puerto Rico
- Power fully restored to Florida residents hit by Michael
- Huntsville fire crews respond to apartment fire
- Restored World War II bomber plane lands in Huntsville
- Huntsville schools still working toward Unitary status
- Huntsville home to 'World's Largest Working Jukebox'