A Utah woman was helpless as she listed to her 15-year-old daughter being attacked and murdered while the two were having a conversation by phone on Monday afternoon, The Deseret News reported.
According to police, Baleigh Bagshaw called her mother after school simply to check in with her. During their conversation her mother head Bagshaw scream and listened in horror as her daughter was attacked. The call suddenly ended.
Bagshaw's mother called a neighbor who went to the home and called police. Officers arrived and found Bagshaw already dead. Police aren't saying how she died.
Immediately a search began for a 24-year-old man named Shaun French. He previously lived with Bagshaw family and engaged in an illegal relationship with Baleigh.
He was taken into custody on Wednesday and charged with three counts of unlawful sexual activity with a minor. He is not yet charged with her murder.
- Mother listens on the phone as teen daughter is attacked, killed
- Georgia mother admits to killing her 2-year-old daughter
- Affidavit reveals victim's mother was outside her daughter's home when she was shot and killed
- Tuscaloosa man charged with killing daughter
- Family grieves daughter killed by drunk driver
- Bodies of missing Colorado pregnant mother, 2 daughters found
- Sheriff: man tried to kill someone over $15 and phone
- Pregnant woman killed, daughter injured in Alabama crash
- Daughter of Alabama lawmaker killed in car crash
- Mom accidentally shoots and kills 2-year-old daughter