The panda has spoken.
Yang Yang, the 20-year-old male giant panda at Zoo Atlanta predicted the winner of the Peach Bowl Wednesday.
Auburn fans can breathe a sigh of relief as Yang Yang went to the box labeled with the AU logo without hesitation.
The No. 7 Auburn Tigers will take on the No. 12 UCF Knights and 11:30am CT on New Year’s Day at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. UCF will be making its first trip to the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, while Auburn will make its sixth appearance. Auburn currently holds a 4-1 record in the game, with its last appearance resulting in a 43-24 victory over Virginia in 2011. Auburn leads the all-time series with UCF 3-0, with the most recent meeting resulting in a 28-10 Auburn victory in 1999.
Yang Yang looks to remain perfect in Panda Pick ‘Em after correctly picking the Alabama Crimson Tide to defeat the Washington Huskies in last year’s game.
- Yang Yang the Panda picks Auburn to win the Peach Bowl
- Auburn's Kamryn Pettyway will not play in the Peach Bowl
- Auburn wins!
- Trash Panda Apparel Available!
- Peach Bowl, Inc. passes $1 billion in cumulative economic impact
- Alabama & Auburn Start Bowl Practice
- Iron Bowl stunner: coaching Auburn to victory
- Rocket City Trash Pandas pick radio announcer with ties to baseball history
- 'Trash Pandas' remove lid on team's logos
- Secure your Trash Pandas season tickets Saturday