A man has been charged after driving the wrong way on I 565 and hitting a motorcycle.
Shannon Hubbard was charged with First Degree Assault for hitting a motorcycle head on.
The driver of the motorcyle is recovering in the hospital. Police say his injuries are not life threatening.
It happened around 8 p.m on Saturday, Jun 2nd.
According to authorities, Hubbard was under the influence and driving a van on I-565 west in the eastbound lanes.
East bound I-565 was shut down to one lane past Governors Drive for several hours as police finished their investigation.
- Man charged after hitting motorcycle on I 565
- Driver injured after vehicle hit guardrail on Interstate 565
- Wreck causes morning headaches on Interstate 565
- Man arrested in Athens hit, run motorcycle crash
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: 565's frustrations, failings & future
- Interstate 565 to be temporarily shut down due to blasting
- Wreck causes traffic problems eastbound on Interstate 565
- Huntsville police officer injured in wreck on Interstate 565
- Man killed in Florence motorcycle wreck identified
- Tuscumbia man killed in motorcycle crash