One person was killed in a wreck on Cecil Ashburn Drive Wednesday morning.
The person killed was identified by officials as Clarence Austin, 82, of Huntsville.
The wreck happened around 9:30 a.m. when a vehicle ran off the road and hit a guardrail, HEMSI spokesman Don Webster said.
Officers were directing traffic through the area, which was down to one lane. Both lanes reopened around 11:15 a.m.
There was no word on what may have caused the wreck.
Alabama State Troopers are investigating.
- UPDATE: Man killed in wreck on Cecil Ashburn Drive identified
- Following fatal wreck, drivers want Cecil Ashburn Drive widened
- Cecil Ashburn Drive Shutdown: Alternate Routes
- Cecil Ashburn Drive key project improvements
- Homeowners concerned over Cecil Ashburn Drive blasting
- Navigating Cecil Ashburn alternate routes
- Roadway blocked on Cecil Ashburn alternate route after deadly wreck
- This is when Cecil Ashburn Drive construction will begin
- Community optimistic about Cecil Ashburn, Governors Drive progress in Huntsville
- Residents reflect on first day of Cecil Ashburn Drive shutdown