Photo Gallery 2 Images
UPDATE: All lanes of Governors Drive are back open, and utility crews have left the scene.
UPDATE: At 5:50 a.m., Huntsville police told WAAY 31 that all lanes were back open on Governors Drive. They corrected the update, saying only the westbound lanes are open. Now, eastbound traffic can use the middle turn lane to travel along Governors Drive. Drivers can still take the detour onto Big Cove Road from Bassett Street and Parkhill Road.
UPDATE: At 4:50 a.m. Monday morning, Huntsville police said westbound lanes of Governors Drive at Governors Place are back open. Eastbound lanes were still shut down.
PREVIOUS ARTICLE: Huntsville police are detouring traffic on Governors Drive after a vehicle hit a traffic pole at Governors Place around 11:00 p.m. Sunday night. All lanes of Governors Drive are shut down at Governors Place.
Traffic is being diverted onto Big Cove Road from Bassett Street and Parkhill Road.
Police said no one was injured, but the wreck caused the traffic lights to fall onto the road. Crews with Huntsville Utilities are currently working to get the traffic lights fixed.
Police are not sure when lanes will be reopened.
- All lanes of Governors Drive back open after vehicle hit traffic pole
- Governors Drive, California Street back open after overturned vehicle wreck
- Traffic Alert: Governors Drive westbound at Gallatin Street back open after multiple-vehicle wreck
- Traffic Alert: Wreck blocks lanes on Governors Drive in Huntsville
- UPDATE: All westbound lanes on Governors Drive back open at Governors Place
- Huntsville road resurfacing project backs up traffic on Governors Drive
- Traffic alert: Downed power pole closes portion of Whitesburg Drive
- Emergency lane closure on Governors Drive
- Traffic alert: Delays on Governors Drive
- Traffic alert: One lane of Governors Drive closed at Parkhill Road