A wreck Tuesday morning knocked power lines down across a road outside Hazel Green.
The wreck happened on Elkwood Section Road near Macedonia Road just before 10 a.m.
A Madison County Sheriff's Office said a cattle car carrying a bull came unhitched and hit a utility pole, snapping it in two and leaving the power lines hanging across the roadway.
Deputies closed down Elkwood Section just west of Macedonia until utility crews could repair the pole and get the lines out of the road.
- Wreck knocks down power lines, blocks Madison County road
- Wreck knocks down utility pole, blocks Mastin Lake Road
- Madison police: Avoid County Line Road and Mill Road due to multi-vehicle wreck
- Wreck blocks part of Sutton Road
- Wreck involving cement truck blocks traffic on Hurricane Creek Road in Madison County
- Madison police: Wreck causes delays on County Line Road at Lena Cain Boulevard
- Madison police: Power out at Madison Boulevard, Hughes Road intersection due to wreck
- 18-wheeler wreck blocks I-65 in Cullman County
- Traffic Alert: Balch Road, Gooch Lane in Madison completely blocked after wreck
- Madison police: Avoid Hughes Road, Browns Ferry due to wreck blocking lanes