A wreck Tuesday morning knocked power lines down across a road outside Hazel Green.
The wreck happened on Elkwood Section Road near Macedonia Road just before 10 a.m.
A Madison County Sheriff's Office said a cattle car carrying a bull came unhitched and hit a utility pole, snapping it in two and leaving the power lines hanging across the roadway.
Deputies closed down Elkwood Section just west of Macedonia until utility crews could repair the pole and get the lines out of the road.
- Wreck knocks down power lines, blocks Madison County road
- Wreck knocks down utility pole, blocks Mastin Lake Road
- Madison police: Avoid County Line Road and Mill Road due to multi-vehicle wreck
- Wreck blocks part of Sutton Road
- Traffic Alert: Balch Road, Gooch Lane in Madison completely blocked after wreck
- 18-wheeler wreck blocks I-65 in Cullman County
- Downtown Huntsville wreck knocks over pole
- Wrecked 18-wheeler blocks Florence traffic
- Car crash knocks down a power pole
- Wreck blocks portion of Memorial Parkway at Hobbs Road