Many wounded veterans received a hero's welcome when arriving at Huntsville International Airport Wednesday.
People gathered at the airport to kick off Heroes Week 2017 organized by Semper Fi Community Task Force of North Alabama.
Veterans spending the week in the Tennessee Valley will be treated to a yacht cruise on Lake Guntersville, a Marine Corp Birthday Ball and a celebratory farewell at the end of the week.
"We're here to celebrate our heroes, welcome them and show them love and support," said Cheryl Doucette with Semper Fi Community Task Force. "They give everything for us, they give their lives for us and we're here to give back to them."
You can learn more about Heroes Week by clicking here.
- Wounded veterans receive warm welcome at Huntsville International Airport
- Frontier Airlines comes to Huntsville International Airport
- Huntsville International Airport plans for future expansion
- Wounded warriors in Huntsville for Veterans Day
- Huntsville Airport to receive $29.1 million grant
- Huntsville Airport receives a $29.1 million grant
- Huntsville hosts international festival
- United adding more flights to Huntsville International Airport
- Help comes to Huntsville International Airport TSA workers
- Huntsville epicenter for international hackathon