BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin has endorsed Walt Maddox in the race for governor.
Woodfin on Thursday announced his support for Maddox, the mayor of Tuscaloosa, during a press conference in Birmingham.
Woodfin called Maddox a “proven leader” who can unite people from “all walks of life” and different political parties.
Maddox faces former Alabama Chief Justice Sue Bell Cobb, former legislator James Fields and others in the June 5 Democratic primary for governor. The winner will face the Republican nominee in November.
Woodfin is the mayor of Alabama’s largest city.
- Woodfin endorses Maddox in gubernatorial race
- Maddox wants to debate Ivey in Governor's race
- Ivey widens fundraising lead in gubernatorial race
- AL Republican Gubernatorial Debate
- Walter Maddox campaigns in Tuscumbia, gives opinion on lottery
- Alabama Gov. Ivey extends fundraising lead over Maddox
- Walt Maddox makes final campaign stop in Huntsville
- GOP Gubernatorial Forum in Huntsville
- Moore endorses longtime ally in Alabama congressional race
- Governor's family endorses Marsha Blackburn