The Morgan County coroner Jeff Chunn confirmed that Karen Jenkins of Moulton died on Friday. This follows the Decatur car wreck when a water main cover flew into her car.
This happened two Fridays ago, when Jenkins was driving on Wilson Street after work.
One vehicle was traveling on Wilson Street and hit the water main cover. This caused it to fly up in the air and fly through Jenkin's windshield. The cover weighed about 15 pounds. Jenkins was sent to the Huntsville Hospital where she eventually died.
Jenkins's funeral was held Tuesday afternoon in Trinity.
WAAY 31 is still waiting to hear back from city officials to learn if this was a city issue. Decatur Utilities said they'll complete their own investigation when the police department completes theirs.
- Woman who was hit by water main cover while driving dies
- Family sues Decatur Utilities after water main cover killed woman
- Woman hurt in Decatur wreck was hit by water main cover
- Water main cover that struck driver in Decatur made out of cast iron
- Decatur Utilities water main repair impacting traffic
- Water restored in Brownsboro after water main repairs
- UPDATE: 3-year-old hit in drive-by shooting dies
- Woman hit with baseball bat, found covered in blood in road, police say
- Watch for water covering roads in the Shoals
- Water main break causes Huntsville roads to flood