State authorities are investigating a Lawrence County shooting that sent a woman to the hospital Thursday.
The shooting happened after a fight at McWhorter Cabinets on County Road 87 in Moulton Thursday, according to the Alabama State Bureau of Investigation.
Investigators said Angel Elizabeth Sanders, 34, shot Analisa Michelle Gillespie, 38, once in the chest during a fight.
Gillespie was taken to Huntsville Hospital, where she was treated and released, agents said.
Lawrence County Sheriff Gene Mitchell said he asked state authorities to investigate the shooting because of where it happened. McWhorter Cabinets is owned by Mitchell's former chief of staff, Tim McWhorter.
McWhorter has been arrested twice on harassment charges and was under investigation for possible evidence mishandling at the sheriff's office. He was fired from the sheriff's office after his first harassment arrest in February.
No one has been arrested for the shooting, which is still under investigation.
- Woman shot in fight at Moulton business
- Business owners look to revitalize downtown Moulton
- Multiple businesses destroyed in Moulton fire
- Moulton woman killed in wreck near Decatur
- Missing Moulton woman's search team speaks out
- Moulton woman dies from injuries after wreck
- Business owners, community look ahead after devastating fire in Moulton
- Business destroyed in clean-up efforts after Moulton fire
- Neighbors react after woman shot at business
- Moulton police respond to criticism of investigation into missing woman