Alabama State Troopers have charged a man in a Tuesday night wreck that left a Huntsville woman dead.
Jose Sanchez, 34, of Harvest, is in the Madison County Jail on a felony charge of leaving the scene of an accident.
Troopers said Sanchez was driving a vehicle that hit head-on with a vehicle driven by Jalissa Roshell Garner, 25, on Douglass Road. The wreck happened around 9:15 p.m.
Garner was not wearing a seat belt and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to troopers.
Garner's father told WAAY 31 his daughter leaves behind a 6-month-old son.
"She was daddy's girl who was the apple of my eye and one of the best things to ever happen to me," Larry Garner said. "She always made me smile and laugh, even when I didn't want to."
Sanchez was arrested later and booked into the jail around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday. His bond was set at $15,000.
Troopers are still investigating what caused the wreck.
- Woman killed in Madison County wreck; man charged with leaving scene
- Woman accused of leaving scene of deadly Madison wreck charged with manslaughter
- Update: Bicyclist killed in Madison County wreck
- Madison County man saves woman from fiery car wreck
- Madison County grand jury indicts man for manslaughter, DUI, leaving the scene in deadly 2018 crash
- Woman killed in Jackson County rollover wreck
- Lawrence County man killed in wreck
- Report: Man charged with leaving fatal wreck was intoxicated
- Man killed in Florence wreck
- Man killed in Tuscumbia wreck