Investigators with the Jackson County Sheriff's Office are working what they believe is a homicide case after a 25-year-old woman, Samantha Frison, was found injured on a road in Bridgeport.
Chief Deputy, Rocky Harnen, said Frison was found near the intersection of Fifth Street and Ehrich Avenue by a friend and taken to a hospital in Jasper, TN where she later died. The hospital is about 12 miles from Bridgeport. Deputies received the 911 call around 9:50 p.m. Tuesday.
Harnen said investigators originally believed she was stabbed, but now they are not sure how she was injured. He added that Tuesday night's events started at Normandy Apartments. A person of interest is being questioned right now, but that person is not in custody.
Friends of Frison told WAAY 31 she moved to the area two years ago and was a mother of three.
- Woman dies after being found on road in Jackson County
- Inmate dies at Jackson County Jail
- Meth, moonshine found in Jackson County home
- Body found in woods in Jackson County
- Jackson County authorities searching for missing woman
- Loaded gasoline tanker slides off road in Jackson County
- Two in custody after body found in Jackson County
- Skeletal remains found in woods in Jackson County
- Jackson County murder suspect found not competent, bond revoked
- Jackson County sheriff: Missing pregnant teen mom, child found safe