Investigators with the Jackson County Sheriff's Office are working what they believe is a homicide case after a 25-year-old woman, Samantha Frison, was found injured on a road in Bridgeport.
Chief Deputy, Rocky Harnen, said Frison was found near the intersection of Fifth Street and Ehrich Avenue by a friend and taken to a hospital in Jasper, TN where she later died. The hospital is about 12 miles from Bridgeport. Deputies received the 911 call around 9:50 p.m. Tuesday.
Harnen said investigators originally believed she was stabbed, but now they are not sure how she was injured. He added that Tuesday night's events started at Normandy Apartments. A person of interest is being questioned right now, but that person is not in custody.
Friends of Frison told WAAY 31 she moved to the area two years ago and was a mother of three.
- Woman dies after being found on road in Jackson County
- Jackson County roads heavily flooded
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office: Missing 83-year-old woman found safe
- Inmate dies at Jackson County Jail
- Meth, moonshine found in Jackson County home
- Body found in woods in Jackson County
- Jackson County authorities searching for missing woman
- Woman killed in Jackson County rollover wreck
- Single car accident in Jackson County on county road 114
- 12-year-old dies in ATV wreck in Jackson County