A Marshall County woman is in jail for stealing more than $60,000 in gold and silver coins from a man's home.
Manuela Herrera, 37, was arrested Monday evening after Marshall County Sheriff's Office deputies said they found her at an Albertville mall with some of the stolen coins.
The coins, which were reported stolen from a home in Horton Dec. 3, turned up after a Gadsden man who bought them learned of the theft from friends. Authorities said he brought the coins he bought from Herrera to the Marshall County Sheriff's Office, where investigators looked at serial numbers and said they matched the ones that were stolen.
Investigators said they have recovered almost $54,000 in coins but are still looking for 16 more pieces.
Herrera was charged with third-degree burglary, first-degree theft and first-degree receiving stolen property. Her bond had not been set Tuesday afternoon.
- Woman charged with stealing thousands of dollars worth of coins
- VIDEO: Burglar steals thousands of dollars worth of items from Huntsville business
- Thieves steal thousands of dollars worth of items from elderly man's home
- Huntsville store: 'Beauty Bandit' accused of stealing thousands of dollars worth of wigs
- Burglars steal thousands of dollars worth of equipment from Hartselle business
- Thousands of dollars worth of items stolen from Huntsville wedding venue
- Huntsville police: Suspect arrested after agents seized thousands of dollars worth of heroin
- Woman arrested after stealing thousands from grandma, deputies say
- Guntersville woman charged with stealing truck
- Woman charged with stealing from Decatur hospice