A Saraland woman is in jail after police said she forged checks from a hospice and cashed them at a Decatur bank.
Brittany Maria Lang, 21, was arrested after being extradited to Decatur from Mobile.
Police said Hospice of Limestone County told them some company checks were forged and cashed at a Decatur bank in June. Police said Lang was one of the suspects who cashed some of those checks.
The Mobile County Sheriff's Office took Lang into custody July 6 on warrants for first-degree theft and third-degree possession of a forged instrument.
At last check, Lang was in the Morgan County Jail on $7,000 bond.
- Woman charged with stealing from Decatur hospice
- Decatur woman facing forgery charges
- Guntersville woman charged with stealing truck
- Decatur woman charged with shooting into vehicle
- Decatur woman charged with trafficking stolen identities
- Woman charged with theft in Decatur
- Decatur woman arrested on drug, shoplifting charges
- Decatur man arrested for stealing roofing material
- Decatur woman killed by car
- Woman charged with stealing thousands of dollars worth of coins