A Limestone County woman is accused of stealing thousands of dollars from a cemetery.
Delois Mason, 60, was arrested for theft after the sheriff's office was notified $60,000 was missing from the Legg Cemetery of Limestone County, Inc. bank account, according to an investigator.
The sheriff’s office said Mason closed the bank account after withdrawing the money. The money was put in the account to pay a worker to maintain the cemetery.
The sheriff's office said Mason is the only living member of the cemetery board, and there is evidence she wrote a check to herself and cashed it in the amount of $60,000.
Investigators said the money has not been recovered. Mason is out of jail on a $5,000 bond.
- Woman accused of stealing $60,000 from Limestone County cemetery
- Rogersville woman killed in Limestone County crash
- Athens woman accused of stealing $130K from Strain & Sons Nursery
- Hartselle police arrest woman accused of stealing from man's garage
- Man accused of stealing truck, tools and Twinkies in Limestone Co.
- Limestone Co. Sheriff's Office: Help finding suspects accused of stealing mail
- Madison County considers a Cemetery Rehabilitation Authority
- Limestone County woman helps victim kidnapped from Winston County
- Limestone Co. man heartbroken after Rogersville woman charged with stealing from his elderly mom
- Limestone County sheriff wants help identifying woman accused of using cloned credit card at Walmart