A Madison Coutny grand jury has indicted a woman accused of leaving the scene of a wreck which took the life of a 75-year-old woman.
Erica Nail, 27, of Huntsville is charged with manslaughter and leaving the scene of an accident with injury. Prosecutors say Nail struck Carol Ann Arey on Zierdt Road in Madison.
The indictment states Nail "recklessly caused the death of Arey by striking her with her vehicle while driving under the influence of alcohol."
Nail was previously arrested in 2015 for driving under the influence, but that charge was dismissed after she completed a diversion program.
Nail could face up to 20 years in prison if she is convicted of manslaughter.
- Woman accused of leaving scene of deadly Madison wreck charged with manslaughter
- Woman charged with manslaughter
- Jackson County man faces manslaughter charge following deadly wreck
- Woman killed in Madison County wreck; man charged with leaving scene
- Florence woman charged in deadly wreck
- Driver charged with manslaughter in deadly Huntsville crash
- Madison County man is in jail on a manslaughter charge
- Decatur woman identified in deadly Monday wreck
- Woman sentenced for deadly 2017 wreck
- Woman charged with Madison manslaughter sentenced to three years in prison