A Florence woman is now behind bars after police said she stole checks from a victim then wrote them out to herself.
Cadice Tapscott is charged with 2 counts of Possession of a Forged Instrument 3rd, 2 counts of Theft of Property 3rd, and 3 counts of Negotiating worthless negotiable instrument.
According to police, two checks were cashed at two separate bank locations.
When officers located her, they learned she already had warrants for worth checks that were issued from the Lauderdale County DA’s office.
Tapscott was transported to the Lauderdale County Detention Center.
- Florence woman arrested after allegedly cashing stolen checks
- Man wanted for cashing stolen checks
- Help Huntsville police find woman accused of cashing stolen checks
- Florida woman charged with writing stolen checks in Florence
- Florence police arrest Muscle Shoals woman on forged check charges
- Woman arrested for writing bad checks at Florence meat market
- Woman sought by Huntsville Police for cashing elderly patient's checks
- Florence Police arrest man for passing counterfeit check
- Florence police recover Jeep stolen from Georgia, arrest 3
- Florence Burglar Arrested