Early Monday morning Decatur police responded to Point Mallard Parkway where a wild boar was causing problems. WAAY31 talked to people who work in the businesses along the parkway and they told us that the boar was taken down in front of the Hardee's. The picture above is from Matthew Spicer who saw the boar Monday morning.
WAAY31 reached out to the Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge nearby, but we haven't heard back.
- Wild boar causes problems along Point Mallard Parkway
- Point Mallard Park's After Dark event cancelled
- Point Mallard's campgrounds, golf course still flooded
- Point Mallard Campground in Decatur closed due to flooding
- Decatur Police seek suspect in Point Mallard shooting
- Decatur police arrest suspect in Point Mallard shooting
- Video captures 'Decatur gator' in Tennessee River near Point Mallard
- $425,000 donated for facility set to be added to the soccer fields at Point Mallard
- Investigation underway after sailboat fire near Point Mallard Water Park in Decatur
- Two people injured in shooting at Point Mallard Park in Decatur