Early Monday morning Decatur police responded to Point Mallard Parkway where a wild boar was causing problems. WAAY31 talked to people who work in the businesses along the parkway and they told us that the boar was taken down in front of the Hardee's. The picture above is from Matthew Spicer who saw the boar Monday morning.
WAAY31 reached out to the Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge nearby, but we haven't heard back.
- Wild boar causes problems along Point Mallard Parkway
- Point Mallard Park's After Dark event cancelled
- Point Mallard's campgrounds, golf course still flooded
- Coroner: Woman dead after wreck on Point Mallard Parkway in Decatur
- Decatur mayor talks potential safety plans after Point Mallard Parkway death
- Decatur police: Multiple people hurt in Tuesday's deadly wreck on Point Mallard Parkway
- Decatur police charge woman with manslaughter in fatal Point Mallard Parkway crash
- Point Mallard Campground in Decatur closed due to flooding
- Decatur Police seek suspect in Point Mallard shooting
- Decatur police arrest suspect in Point Mallard shooting