The wife of a furloughed federal employee won $100,000 and a new SUV in the lottery in Virginia, USA Today reported. Carrie Walls purchased what turned out to be a losing scratch-off ticket in early December. However, she entered the ticket into a second-chance drawing held by the lotto and won the money and a new Ford Expedition. Walls, herself an Air Force veteran, said her family was planning to take a trip to Disney World when her husband was furloughed from his job. She said the family will now be able to take the trip thanks to their winnings.
This was actually a second-chance drawing after she didn't win anything on the original ticket she purchased.
Posted: Jan 15, 2019 7:45 AM
- Wife of furloughed worker wins $100,000, SUV in the lottery
- Community lends helping hand to furloughed workers
- Tax refunds impacting furloughed government workers
- Free pet food available for Huntsville area furloughed workers
- Huntsville Museum of Art offering free admission to furloughed workers
- 560 furloughed workers apply for unemployment in Alabama
- Giveaway aims to help Huntsville area furloughed workers
- Furloughed workers in Huntsville are excited shutdown is over
- Nearly 200 workers at Remington to be furloughed in Huntsville
- Elective procedures, some furloughed workers returning to Athens-Limestone Hospital
Scroll for more content...