The WhistleStop Bar-B-Que Weekend starts today.
Tonight's headliner is the Spin Doctors, and tomorrow the headliner is Survivor. Survivor is most famous for their hit "Eye of the Tiger".
Single day passes into the festival are $25 dollars for adults and $5 for kids. A weekend pass is $35.
Festival organizers recommend parking on the street or in nearby parking garages.
Beth Goodwin, the director of marketing and communications, told WAAY 31 she hopes after weeks and months of preparation the community enjoys the event.
"We provide the entertainment and we provide the kids activities. We even provide some sampling opportunities for people, but basically its a bunch of people getting together and having a backyard cookout," Goodwin said.
Festivities start tonight at 4:00 p.m. and run through late Saturday night.
Tickets are still available for purchase on the festival's website.
- Organizers: Rain wont stop Whistlestop
- Spin Doctors, Survivor to perform at WhistleStop Weekend
- Financial woes of Boy Scouts of America likely wont impact Huntsville scouts
- Rain worsens pot holes, stops paving plans
- Team Redstone organizations receive value engineering awards
- Local organization celebrates women's history month
- College student granted scholarship from military organization
- Community organizations having impact on graduation rates
- Local church hosting organ donor seminar
- Local school organizes Veterans Day program