STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) - Nick Weatherspoon had 18 points and his brother Quinndary Weatherspoon scored 13 to lead Mississippi State past Alabama 67-63 on Tuesday at Humphrey Coliseum.
Mississippi State (18-6, 6-5 Southeastern Conference) snapped a four-game losing streak to Alabama and had lost 10 of the previous 11 meetings entering Tuesday's contest.
Collin Sexton led Alabama (15-9, 6-5) with 18 points, while Daniel Giddens and Braxton Key each scored 11.
The game featured 45 fouls and the two teams combined to shoot 58 free throws.
The first half featured a lot of fouls and free throws by both teams, as the two combined for 27 free-throw attempts and 20 fouls. The opening 20 minutes also featured seven lead changes and five ties before Mississippi State grabbed a 30-28 halftime advantage.
The Bulldogs shot just 39 percent in the first half, while Alabama made 37 percent. Mississippi State missed 11 of 12 attempts beyond the arc before intermission, while Alabama missed all seven of its 3-point attempts.
Alabama: The Crimson Tide fell to 2-4 in SEC road games this season.
Mississippi State: The Bulldogs have now won four straight SEC games for the first time since 2008.
Alabama returns home on Saturday to host Tennessee.
Mississippi State goes on the road Saturday to Missouri.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Weatherspoon brothers lead Mississippi St past Alabama 67-63
- Huge second half leads West Alabama past UAH
- Sexton leads No. 24 Alabama past Louisiana Tech 77-74
- Sexton, Petty rally Alabama past Mercer 80-79
- No. 3 Vols rally past Alabama, make case to lead AP Top 25
- Alabama woman arrested after disabled brother found neglected
- Alabama officer who once arrested the Allman Brothers dies
- 2nd half charge leads UAH past Trevecca Nazarene
- Brown, Harper lead No. 10 Auburn past Kentucky, 76-66
- Brown's 34 Points Leads No. 8 Auburn Past Dayton