UPDATE: Water has been restored.
According to Mountain Fork Water Plant for the Madison County Water Department's Twitter account:
"We are experiencing a damaged water main on Moontown Road. Water will be off to make the necessary repairs on Moontown Road (south of Morring Ln), Bob Hunt Rd and Berry Rd. We will work diligently to restore service to the area. Thank you for your patience."
The water department said the damage is a result of "simple wear and tear" and that water should be turned back on "within the day."
- Water restored in Brownsboro after water main repairs
- Decatur Utilities water main repair impacting traffic
- Crews repair water main break on California Street in Huntsville
- Crews work to repair water main break in Madison County
- Huntsville Utilities closes portion of Clinton Avenue for water main repair
- Traffic alert: Portion of Brownsboro Road closed for wreck
- Flint River flooding closes Brownsboro Road in Madison County
- East Limestone County water outage restored, neighbors want answers
- Water main break causes Huntsville roads to flood
- Family sues Decatur Utilities after water main cover killed woman