UPDATE: Water has been restored.
According to Mountain Fork Water Plant for the Madison County Water Department's Twitter account:
"We are experiencing a damaged water main on Moontown Road. Water will be off to make the necessary repairs on Moontown Road (south of Morring Ln), Bob Hunt Rd and Berry Rd. We will work diligently to restore service to the area. Thank you for your patience."
The water department said the damage is a result of "simple wear and tear" and that water should be turned back on "within the day."
- Water restored in Brownsboro after water main repairs
- Decatur Utilities water main repair impacting traffic
- Traffic alert: Portion of Brownsboro Road closed for wreck
- East Limestone County water outage restored, neighbors want answers
- Water main break causes Huntsville roads to flood
- Family sues Decatur Utilities after water main cover killed woman
- Madison County Coroner: Victims of fatal Brownsboro crash were husband and wife
- Utility crews in Decatur working to repair damaged gas main
- Water main cover that struck driver in Decatur made out of cast iron
- Two water mains break today in the same area in Madison