The Tennessee Valley Authority says as part of the ongoing Widows Creek Fossil Plant demolition project, a 1,200-foot coal conveyor was brought down.
TVA says the demolition was completed safely with no environmental issues.
Wait for it... As part of the ongoing Widows Creek Fossil Plant demolition project, the 1,200-foot coal conveyor between Plant A and B was successfully brought down. The demolition was completed safely and with no environmental issues. #demolition pic.twitter.com/sosoMFVCSt
— Tennessee Valley Authority (@TVAnews) April 1, 2019
- Watch: TVA brings downs 1,200-foot structure in Widows Creek Fossil Plant demolition
- TVA proposing new rate structure
- WATCH: TVA implodes stacks at Jackson County coal plant
- How the TVA Aquatic Plant Survey Team impacts lake life
- Girl finds 475-million-year-old fossil
- WATCH: 2nd blast brings down upper section of Pontiac Silverdome
- Lawsuit against TVA over sale of Bellefonte Nuclear Power Plant will continue
- Largest-ever TVA upgrade underway at Browns Ferry nuclear plant in Athens
- TVA board approves grid access charge
- TVA land sells for $5 million dollars