Toyota announced Thursday that it will add 450 new jobs in Huntsville and exceed its 2017 pledge to invest $10 billion over five years with a new commitment to reach nearly $13 billion over the same period.
Toyota is pledging $288 million to the engine plant in Huntsville.
The investment will introduce two new engine assembly lines: a new 4 cylinder and a V6 engine.
Six million engines have come from the local assembly plant.
The investment also will include a building expansion.
Check back for updates
- Toyota adding 450 jobs at Huntsville facility
- Toyota manufacturing plant expansion to bring 450 new jobs
- Mazda Toyota establish company for Huntsville facility
- Mazda, Toyota break ground on new facility in Huntsville
- Officials announce Toyota-Mazda production facility in Huntsville
- Toyota celebrating big 2018 in Huntsville
- 10,000 additional jobs expected because of Toyota-Mazda decision
- Toyota recalling 168,000 vehicles
- 20-year-old Florida man claims $450 million lottery jackpot
- Police: Juveniles steal vehicles from Huntsville Kia, Toyota dealerships