Photo Gallery 2 Images
Huntsville police arrested a woman late Thursday after having to pull her from the ceiling of a gas station.
"The manager on duty standing on a chair with a flashlight looking in the ceiling tile. I'm like, 'Oh, he must be fixing something. I go to grab a drink, and he jumps off the chair and tells me this lady went into the bathroom, and she's in my ceiling now. She's crawling around in my ceiling.'" said Tommy Ragona, a customer who was in the store.
Police say Amber Wade is the woman who was hiding in the roof of a Sunoco on Holmes Avenue in the Five Points area.
"She ran into the cooler, and he told her, 'You can't be in there,' 'cause he heard the door shut and all the other doors open up at the same time. He knew someone jumped in the cooler, and he told her, 'Ma'am, you can't be in the cooler, but you can go to the bathroom if you need to hide from somebody,' and then the next thing he heard, all the tiles cracking over the cooler," Ragona said.
Panels of the ceiling had to be removed before Wade came crashing down. She was arrested and taken to Huntsville Hospital for an injury.
"She was speaking lucidly, like, 'I'm trying to come down. I'm trying.' You can see the foot hanging down in the ceiling, and the ducts are falling, and they said, 'Ma'am, no you're not trying to come down. You are trying to run away. You're going the wrong way,'" he said.
Police have not revealed what Wade is charged with in this incident, but they did say she had six warrants out for her arrest when she was caught.
She’s been charged with misdemeanor domestic violence in the past.
(This story may be reminding you of the man who fell through the ceiling of a Waffle House in Tuscumbia. You can see that video and story again by clicking here)
- Watch: Huntsville police pull hiding woman from gas station ceiling
- Watch: Surveillance video shows machete fight outside Huntsville gas station
- Arrest made in Huntsville gas station shooting
- Huntsville police arrest suspect after weekend gas station robbery
- Huntsville police: Body found in parking lot of gas station
- Athens Police arrest gas station robbery suspect
- Huntsville police charge man found hiding in business with burglary
- Decatur woman charged with stabbing at gas station
- Woman charged with stealing gun at Florence gas station
- Man accused of harassing woman at DeKalb County gas station