The storms are done and the heavy rain is just about out DeKalb County. We still could see some showers through 9 p.m. but then the drier and cooler air arrives.
For those with New Year's plans tonight, the storms will be out of here by at least 7 PM, having zero impact on festivities. At 12 a.m. conditions will be warm with temperatures in the low to mid 50s under mostly cloudy skies.
New Year's Day will end up fairly dry and mild as well, with highs in near 60 degrees. The next round of steady rain arrives Wednesday and lingers through Thursday and potentially even Friday.
- Storms Are Done; Quiet Weather For The New Year
- Tropical Storm Gordon Strengthening In The Gulf, But Weather In Valley Stays Quiet
- Redstone Arsenal quiet on government shutdown impacts
- Scientists unsure when Hawaii's Kilauea volcano will quiet
- Quiet to start the week but Halloween could be rainy
- A Quiet Tuesday In Store For Election Day
- Weather postpones Huntsville New Year's Eve celebration
- Huntsville Church opens storm shelter for severe weather
- Tuesday Evening Storms, Then More Storms Wednesday
- Rounds of rain & storms