Walmart announced a new hiring initiative called "The Military Spouse Career Connection." This is an addition to an existing program known as "Veterans Welcome Home." Launched in 2015, the original goal was to hire 250,000 people by 2020, a number the company expects to surpass next year.
According to the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership, the unemployment rate for military spouses hovers in the area of 25%. The new program gives priority hiring to military spouses and allows for an easier transfer between Walmart and Sam's Club stores. The company even created a specific website where military spouses can directly apply for employment.
- Walmart starts campaign to hire military spouses
- Skilled to Work: Job fair aims to bring veterans, military spouses into workforce
- Military vet Ojeda announces 2020 presidential campaign
- Petition started to get school shooting victim military burial
- Meet the men who might be 2020's first spouse
- Madison City BOE hires safety and security official with military and education background
- Florence hires new football coach
- Local veterans attend hiring event
- Military plane makes emergency landing
- Truck stolen from military family