Photo Gallery 4 Images
UPDATE: The victims are identified as 38-year-old Amanda Foster, 54-year-old Yancy Ferrell Roper, 40-year-old Grace Annette Watson Miles and her five children. Her children are 19-year-old Christopher Zane Long, 16-year-old Bryli Anniston Long, 10-year-old Traydon Dominic Miles, 9-year-old Kesston Damien Miles and 7-year-old Dezli Nicole Miles.
Official causes of death are not being released at this time.
Crews are trying to identify the boat where the fire started and remove it. They say fire extinguishers at the dock were just serviced in October, and it's expected to take weeks to remove all of the boats that sunk.
Officials are holding a news conference Wednesday afternoon about the eight victims killed in a fire at Jackson County Park in Scottsboro.
We expect to learn the names of the victims who died at the dock on Monday. Crews have been at the scene since then to recover debris and investigate.
Right now, we know five of the eight victims were siblings and 19 years old or younger.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and online for updates.
- Victims identified in deadly fire at Jackson County boat dock
- Photos show damage from deadly fire at Jackson County boat dock
- Nearly $15,000 raised for families of the victims in the Jackson County boat dock fire
- Questions remain day after deadly fire at Scottsboro boat dock
- WATCH: Authorities discuss deadly fire at Scottsboro boat dock
- Scottsboro’s heart breaks after deadly boat dock fire
- Decatur marina adjusts safety requirements following Jackson County boating dock fire
- Jackson County sheriff: Boat where fatal dock fire began has been found
- Drone Video: Aerial footage shows damage from Jackson County boat dock fire
- Jackson County commissioner says boat dock that caught fire was up to code