Photo Gallery 3 Images
UPDATE: The Marshall County Sheriff’s Office identified the suspect at Thomas Ray Chamblee, 34.
The department says his wife was severely injured and transported to the hospital with a broken left hand and arm, among other injuries. They lived in Boaz, according to the sheriff's office.
Officials say they tried to negotiate with Chamblee, but he pointed a handgun at officers. They say he has prior charges, including for theft and burglary.
According to the sheriff's office, the officers used "reasonable, necessary and appropriate" force, and there is no reason to believe any charges will come out of this. The officers were wearing body cameras at the time.
The State Bureau of Investigation is still handling the case. It has the footage from the body cameras and will decide whether or not to release it.
New information is set to be revealed Thursday on a deadly shooting involving multiple agencies in Marshall County.
The sheriff’s office is holding a news conference in Albertville.
We know multiple agencies responded to the shooting Monday morning.
The Marshall County Sheriff's Office said officers shot and killed a suspect involved in a domestic incident in Boaz. It happened on Lazy Creek Circle, and none of the officers were injured.
The State Bureau of Investigation is working on the case after the Marshall County Sheriff's Office and police requested help.
When the investigation is done, they'll hand their findings over to the Marshall County District Attorney's Office.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and online for updates.
- Marshall County Sheriff's Office identifies suspect shot and killed by officers
- Marshall County Sheriff's Office seeks check fraud suspect
- Marshall County Sheriff's Office says officers justified in shooting death
- Madison County Sheriff's Office wants help identifying armed robbery suspect
- Marshall County sheriff wants help identifying burglary suspect
- Mobile police officer shot & killed
- Arab police chief identifies suspect shot by officer during fight
- Marshall County Sheriff’s Office identifies man found dead in Lake Guntersville
- Investigation into alleged theft from Marshall County Sheriff's Office
- Marshall County Sheriff's Office warns about card skimmers