UPDATE: Officials say they are keeping in contact with the Alabama Department of Public Health.
The Athens mayor has been asked to serve on the governor’s task force and will take part in weekly meetings. This will begin Monday morning.
Schools say they are preparing to close if necessary. They say they must answer directly to the Alabama Department of Education, and they feel well prepared.
Athens-Limestone Hospital says it is lowering non-essential foot traffic, limiting visitors, implementing screening guidelines, suspending job shadowing, suspending unnecessary deliveries, suspending sales reps, rescheduling conferences and classes on and off campus and suspending any business travel.
Athens State University says it will issue an announcement on Friday.
The Limestone County Emergency Management Agency is holding a news conference Friday morning with local officials to discuss the area’s plans regarding coronavirus, or COVID-19.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and online for updates.
- Limestone County officials discuss preparations for coronavirus
- Decatur, Morgan County officials discuss coronavirus response
- Madison County officials discuss potential coronavirus outbreak
- Lincoln County, TN officials discuss coronavirus impact
- WATCH: Morgan County officials discuss coronavirus response
- Morgan County, Decatur officials discuss coronavirus response
- Alabama health and education officials discuss preparation for coronavirus
- Morgan County, Decatur City officials discuss coronavirus response
- Officials in DeKalb County hold news conference about coronavirus preparation
- UPDATE: Coronavirus case confirmed in Limestone County