WASHINGTON (AP) - Democrats have announced two articles of impeachment charging President Donald Trump with abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.
The charges announced Tuesday stem from Trump's pressure on Ukraine to announce investigations of his political rivals as he withheld aid to the country. Earlier Tuesday, Trump tweeted that he did “NOTHING” wrong and that impeaching a president with a record like his would be “sheer Political Madness!”
The case against Trump was laid out at a daylong House Judiciary Committee hearing on Monday.
Voting is expected in a matter of days in the Judiciary Committee and by Christmas in the full House.
- Democrats unveil 2 articles of impeachment against President Trump
- House Judiciary Committee approves articles of impeachment against President Trump
- WATCH LIVE: House debates articles of impeachment against President Trump
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announces drafting of articles of impeachment against President Trump
- Senator Doug Jones says he will vote to convict President Trump on articles of impeachment
- President Trump speaks following impeachment trial acquittal
- House of Representatives impeaches President Donald Trump
- House kills solo Democrat's bid to impeach Trump
- Pelosi sets up floor vote Wednesday to name impeachment managers and send articles to the Senate
- House Democrat expected to introduce impeachment resolution