Alabama Governor Kay Ivey is planning to give her first State of the State address in Montgomery.
Ivey, who was sworn in as governor in April 2017, is providing her first address as the Alabama legislative session is now underway. Ivey, who is facing tough competition in the Republican primary for governor, is seeking re-election in 2018.
Ivey is not expected to address the $1.6 billion Toyota-Mazda plant in her speech, as she is expected to reveal the major Limestone County economic development in Montgomery Wednesday.
Many Alabama lawmakers expect this year's legislative session to be mostly uneventful, as it is an election year.
- WATCH LIVE: Alabama Governor Kay Ivey issues her first State of the State address
- Read Alabama Governor Kay Ivey's State of the State Address
- Watch: Alabama Governor Kay Ivey's 2019 State of the State Address
- Governor Kay Ivey addresses Alabama's need for more prisons
- Kay Ivey elected Governor of Alabama
- Read: Governor Kay Ivey's Rebuild Alabama bill
- Alabama Governor Kay Ivey issues state public health emergency because of flu
- Governor Kay Ivey issues $5,000 reward in unsolved Rogersville murder
- Gov. Kay Ivey dismisses health record issue
- Governor Kay Ivey calls Alabama Legislature into Special Session