Some voters in Madison County will head to the polls Tuesday to cast their ballots for a new state representative.
Democrat Terry Jones and Republican Rex Reynolds are vying for the House District 21 seat that was left vacant when Jim Patterson died in October.
House District 21 includes parts of Huntsville, Meridianville, Moores Mill and Hazel Green.
Polls close at 7 p.m. Open polling locations are at:
- Charles Stone Agricultural Center – 819 Cook Avenue, Huntsville
- Jackson Way Baptist Church – 1001 Andrew Jackson Way, Huntsville
- First Baptist Church – 600 Governors Drive, Huntsville
- Optimist Park – 703 Oakwood Avenue, Huntsville
- NE Huntsville Training and Conf Center – 2137 US Hwy 72, Huntsville
- Cove Church at Chase – 1637 Winchester Road, Huntsville
- Clements Baptist Church – 1413 McClung Avenue, Huntsville
- Monte Sano Fire Station – 911 Monte Sano Blvd, Huntsville
- Covenant Presbyterian Church – 303 Drake Avenue SE, Huntsville
- Trinity United Methodist Church – 607 Airport Road, Huntsville
- Harrison Sr Wellness and Advocacy Center – 6156 Pulaksi Pike, Huntsville
- Mary Kelly Johnston Gym – 145 Caty Huma Lane, Meridianville
- Plainview Church of Christ – 14500 Hwy 231-431 North, Hazel Green
- Locust Grove Baptist Church – 171 County Lake Road, New Market
- First Baptist Church of Meridianville – 177 Monroe Road, Meridianville
- Brownsboro Baptist Church – 4315 Hwy 72 East, Brownsboro
- Meridianville Church of Christ – 12230 Hwy 231-431 North, Meridianville
- Harold Harbin Gym – 168 Carriger Road, Hazel Green
Voters can verify their registration or get information about polling locations by calling the Madison County Probate Judge's office at 256-532-3510.
- Voters head to polls for House District 21 special election
- CNN Poll: Abortion growing in importance for voters heading into 2020 election
- AP to offer election voter survey to replace exit polls
- Some voters confused at the polls
- Poll workers preparing for special election in Madison on property tax increase
- Huntsville's municipal election receives low voter turnout
- Special election could be certified early despite Moore's claims of voter fraud
- Small voter turnout for Morgan Co. and Limestone Co. special elections
- Technical difficulties at polls have little impact on voter experience
- Madison County voters experienced problems at the polls