A Tennessee man with a criminal past is facing charges in Limestone County.
The Limestone County Sheriff's Narcotics Unit says it received a tip that a prior violent felon was staying at an address on Highway 251 just south of Ardmore.
When deputies arrived, they located Derek Allen Hunnell, 30, of Ardmore, Tennessee. They also found a pistol beside the bed and a bag of methamphetamine.
Hunnell was arrested and taken into custody without incident.
Hunnell faces charges of possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine) and possession of a pistol by a violent felon.
He also has warrants on five additional charges and two alias warrants.
Hunnell is being held in Limestone County with a $13,000 bond.
- Violent felon arrested in Limestone County on weapons, drug charges
- Limestone County Investigators arrest three on drug related charges
- Limestone County couple arrested on child porn, sexual misconduct charges
- Man charged with impersonating Limestone County deputy
- Two arrested on drug charges
- Pedestrian killed in Limestone County
- Roads reopen in Limestone County
- Convicted felon charged with having short-barreled shotgun
- Charges announced for Limestone County vehicle pursuit suspect, girlfriend
- Limestone County shooting victim dies; juvenile now charged with murder