A Morgan County jury found Cortez Mitchell guilty of two counts of felony murder Wednesday morning.
Mitchell, 19, was also found guilty of four counts of first-degree robbery for the 2015 crime spree that included the murders of Antonio Hernandez Lopez and Joshua Davis.
He will be sentenced April 20.
Mitchell along with Cedric Cowan, Joseph Cowan and Amani Goodwin were arrested for the murders of Lopez in the carport of his Decatur home and Davis at Wilson Morgan Park in May of 2015.
Goodwin pleaded guilty in January to three counts of first-degree robbery and two counts of felony murder. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Decatur jury finds Cortez Mitchell guilty of murder
- Jury continues deliberations in Cortez Mitchell capital murder trial
- Cortez Mitchell sentenced to life for 2015 murders
- Jury finds Stephen Marc Stone guilty in murders of wife, son
- 'Stand Your Ground:' Jury find Limestone County man not guilty of murder in 2015 shooting
- Marshall County jury finds man guilty for five counts of capital murder
- Former Decatur restaurant owner pleads guilty to murder
- Suspect arrested in Decatur murder
- Jury finds two men not guilty in Lauderdale County human trafficking case
- Decatur police seek help finding robbery suspects