A van ran into a Huntsville gas station Friday morning after police said the driver tried to avoid a wreck.
The wreck happened around 11:15 a.m. at the Atlantis gas station, which is located at the corner of Rideout and Old Monrovia roads.
Police said the driver of the van swerved into oncoming traffic to avoid rear-ending another vehicle, and then swerved into the gas station to avoid a head-on collision.
The van crashed into the building.
Huntsville Utilities came out to cut power and water service to the gas station.
- Van crashes into business on Old Monrovia Road
- Monrovia Church remembers teen one year after deadly bus crash
- Late night chimney fire displaces Monrovia family
- Monrovia couple moving forward after house fire
- Monrovia Middle School scholars' bowl team places in national competition
- Clorox donates cleaning supplies to Monrovia Middle School
- Update: 10 dead after van crashes into crowd
- Road reopened after 18-wheeler crash
- Road Closure
- Business owner reacts after chase ends in crash in Arab