A Utah State Trooper is recovering after being hit by a car on an icy highway Sunday.
Sgt. Cade Brenchley was responding to a call of multiple cars sliding off a road when he was hit from behind by a car that launched him into the air.
Brenchley had broken ribs and a broken shoulder blade from the impact but is expected to recover.
He said Tuesday that he forgives the woman who put him in the hospital.
"She's not to be vilified," Brenchley said. "She did make a mistake and I think that she's learned from it."
The woman who hit Brenchley stayed on the scene. Local police will determine whether she will face any charges.
- Utah trooper hit by vehicle
- Single vehicle wreck investigated by state troopers
- Troopers identify man hit and killed by vehicle in Madison County
- A Utah state trooper recalls the moment he rescues a man from an oncoming train
- Troopers: Hit-and-run driver admits he killed Leighton man
- Child hit by vehicle in Decatur
- Man hit by vehicle on Drake Avenue
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle in north Huntsville
- Bicyclist hit by vehicle in Toney
- Bicyclist hit by vehicle in Owens Cross Roads