Emergency crews responded to a south Huntsville neighborhood Thursday afternoon after utility crews hit a gas line.
The leak was on Camelot Drive near Gawain Road and happened around noon.
Crews installing fiber lines punctured a gas line in two places, officials on the scene said.
The levels of gas that leaked were not high enough to evacuate the area, they said.
Crews capped the line and were making repairs.
- Utility crews hit gas line in south Huntsville
- Utility crews in Decatur working to repair damaged gas main
- Huntsville Utilities proposes rate increase
- Decatur Utilities conducts Natural Gas Inspections
- Huntsville Utilities lineman explains Hurricane relief efforts
- Gas prices increase in Huntsville
- Crews work to remove tree from south Huntsville apartment building
- Athens crews dealing with gas leak
- Heavy smoke in South Huntsville
- Some Huntsville Utilities customers getting new HVAC units