Emergency crews responded to a south Huntsville neighborhood Thursday afternoon after utility crews hit a gas line.
The leak was on Camelot Drive near Gawain Road and happened around noon.
Crews installing fiber lines punctured a gas line in two places, officials on the scene said.
The levels of gas that leaked were not high enough to evacuate the area, they said.
Crews capped the line and were making repairs.
- Utility crews hit gas line in south Huntsville
- Utility crews in Decatur working to repair damaged gas main
- Huntsville Utilities reminding public to be cautious of gas leaks
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities crews restore power to Southwest Madison Co.
- Huntsville Utilities proposes rate increase
- Huntsville Utilities explains energy consumption
- Decatur Utilities conducts Natural Gas Inspections
- Huntsville Utilities lineman explains Hurricane relief efforts
- Huntsville Utilities warns customers of scam calls
- Huntsville Utilities warning about new texting scam