UPDATE: (4:23 p.m.)
Aldridge's bond is set at $1,300.
Tommy Kelly called WAAY 31 on Monday for help after he said his truck was stolen from his driveway while he was working in his backyard.
He filed a report with the Limestone County Sheriff’s Office, and we aired the story Monday afternoon. (READ THAT HERE)
Today, a suspect is in the Morgan County Jail.
On Monday, the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the report of a suspicious person.
Mike Swafford, sheriff’s office spokesman, said upon arrival deputies located a vehicle in a field and made contact with Wesley Davis Aldridge, 31. Deputies determined the vehicle had been reported stolen in Limestone County. Morgan County investigators also determined that Aldridge was in possession of a firearm that had been reported stolen, as well as drugs and drug paraphernalia, Swafford said.
Aldridge has been charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Through the course of the investigation, Swafford said Aldridge has become a suspect in several burglaries across multiple counties. Additional charges are pending.
Kelly said he thinks if WAAY 31 hadn’t covered his story he’d probably never have seen his truck again.
- Update: Arrest made in Limestone County driveway truck theft
- Man arrested in Marshall County for truck theft, drug possession
- Limestone Co. investigators arrest suspect related to vehicle theft
- Five suspects arrested in connection to Limestone Co. theft ring
- Limestone County woman facing charges for identity theft
- Limestone County sheriff: Theft suspect followed deliveries, snatched packages
- Update: murder-suicide reported in Limestone County
- Man arrested for theft
- Two people charged in Florence truck theft
- Hollywood police warn public of "driveway paving scam"