Some people who had just left a hospital after being involved in a wreck ended up going back, after Huntsville police said a drunk driver caused another wreck overnight.
The wreck happened near the intersection of Bailey Cove and Chesterfield roads around 2:15 a.m. Police identified the driver of the car that caused the wreck as Samuel Barfield Taylor, 44.
Huntsville firefighters who responded to the scene said Taylor's vehicle rear-ended the other, sending it bouncing off the road and into a yard. Taylor's car went off the other side of the road, broke a fence and bounced off a tree before stopping near the sidewalk.
Firefighters said two of the people who were in the vehicle that was rear-ended had been at a hospital receiving treatment for another wreck in Arab that occurred around 8 p.m. Those two and another person in the car went back to the hospital with minor injuries, HEMSI paramedics said.
Taylor was taken from the scene by Huntsville police. He was charged with DUI, having an open container of alcohol in a vehicle, speeding and driving without insurance. His bond had not been set as of 8 a.m. Wednesday morning.
- UPDATE: Unlucky motorists involved in two wrecks overnight; man charged with DUI
- UPDATE: Man killed in overnight wreck identified
- Woman charged with DUI
- Arab city employee killed in DUI wreck
- HPD officer involved in wreck
- HPD officer charged with DUI
- Man charged with DUI convicted twice before on same charge
- Woman taken to hospital after overnight wreck
- Albertville police involved in overnight shooting
- Man charged with overnight murder in Stevenson