It's been 10 years since a University of Alabama in Huntsville professor shot and killed three of her co-workers.
On Wednesday, the university held a memorial in their honor.
Gopi Padilla, Adriel Johnson Sr.and Maria Ragland Davis lost their lives after their co-worker Amy Bishop killed them during a staff meeting.
Debra Moriarity, a survivor from the attack, read a short passage about the friends she lost.
Many came out to pay their respects to their co-workers. They told WAAY 31 their legacies have never passed on and their happy the university continues to honor them.
"To see that they have kept this alive and to memorialize them in a garden is very, I like that idea, that was a grand gesture," Rosemary Robinson, a UAH professor who worked with the victims, said.
Robinson says she wants her co-workers to be remembered as three individuals who had a deep love for their students. It's the legacy she says continues to live on.
- University of Alabama in Huntsville honor lives of three professors killed in 2010
- University of Alabama in Huntsville honored for physics milestone discovery
- Auburn professor suing university, claiming discrimination
- University of Alabama Huntsville sees record enrollment
- Alabama's second universal playground coming to Huntsville
- Huntsville professor named to EPA science board
- University of Alabama in Huntsville names new men's basketball coach
- Students petitioning University of Alabama in Huntsville's parking price increase
- Norovirus spreading on the University of Alabama in Huntsville campus
- Homeless rate static since 2017, lower since 2010