A representative with Uncle Maddio's Pizza in Jones Valley said since the Cecil Ashburn Drive closure last month, they've seen a 20 percent drop in business. They can't survive until next year when the project is completed.
A customer, Brittany Walter, said she's noticed a change in Jones Valley that's affecting more than just Uncle Maddio's.
"I come here almost every day," said Walter. "I'm really sad to see it go."
Lunch at Uncle Maddio's is a lunchtime tradition for many people who work in the area.
"At least once or twice a week, sometimes three," said another customer, Arthur Arseneau.
Arseneau and his friends will have to find a new pizza place after Uncle Maddio's closes its doors on Sunday. There's already a new business gearing up to lease the property, but no official opening date has been set yet. It'll be a wine and tapas restaurant.
- Uncle Maddio's Pizza closing after decreased business during Cecil Ashburn Drive closure
- Businesses in Jones Valley feel impact of Cecil Ashburn closure
- Cecil Ashburn Drive Shutdown: Alternate Routes
- Cecil Ashburn Drive key project improvements
- Homeowners concerned over Cecil Ashburn Drive blasting
- Cecil Ashburn shutdown impacts business owners
- Some hiking trails closed during Cecil Ashburn Drive construction
- Navigating Cecil Ashburn alternate routes
- Moe's Original Bar-B-Que closes location, other Jones Valley businesses struggling from Cecil Ashburn closure
- First responders prepare for Cecil Ashburn Dr. closure